Thursday, August 9, 2012

Before the Crack of Dawn...

That's when I worked out this morning. Why? Because sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! I knew there was no way it was getting done this evening so I sacrificed a little sleep and completed the 30 minute progression intervals from Best Body Bootcamp. I think I would have pushed my speed intervals a little faster had it not been so early. Seriously, all I'm thinking as my short little legs go at 8.5 mph is "Don't bite it, you can't go to work with treadmill burn on your face." I'm not even close to kidding.



We are in Phase 2 now which includes push/pull workouts done at tempo speeds. This is new to me and in all honesty, is testing my patience! I like a tough, quick workout so taking my time is hard to get used to. We're lifting and lowering at a set number of counts (for example 3 counts up, 1 count down). I do admit that I noticed soreness after what I thought was an 'easy' push workout. Tina knows her stuff, that's all I'm gonna say! :-)

I've been pretty happy with my weight and am not really trying to lose any, but I actually have dropped a few lbs on this plan. I don't know if my routine just needed a shake up or if more concentration on weights vs. cardio was needed but something is working. Even though my runs are still not long, I feel strong during them and like I said, have been sore following most of the circuit sessions. 

One more circuit to go for Week 3 and my cardio of choice workout, the weekend run from the Jeff Galloway half marathon training plan I'm trying to following. 196 Days people. We're in full planning mode for the trip, and it's been frustrating. I need to find someone who has run at Disney to recommend accommodations. I'd love to stay right there, but hey it's Disney, and you pay for that. When I go for an all-out Disney vacay with G and the hubs I'm sure we'll do the whole thing, but not for this. At least I don't think so. Anyone know anyone?

Have you done a "Destination Race"? How was it?

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on 8.5. I am definitely not there. LOL! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete