Saturday, March 31, 2012

Too Cute!

Another weekend is finally here. They always say Don't Wish Your Life Away, and now that Gwyn is here I try harder to savour the moments but it sure is easier to do on a Saturday for some reason!! :-)

We've had some fun this week and I managed to get some pics so I thought I'd do a quick recap of Gwyn's World....
We successfully tried some new food over the last week: prunes, pears and peas! I started singing a song to her yesterday about her foods while trying the pears and realized that half start with p: pears, peaches, peas, prunes, potatoes (sweet that is)! Hard to spit out, but she doesn't care, she loved the song!

I also had some cooked acorn squash so I gave her a mushy piece to play with; I'm still toying with this Baby-Led Weaning (BLW) idea and she really seemed to enjoy it. Not just the food but having it in her hands and in her control.

We're on a mission to get her a high chair this weekend and then I think it'll be much easier to do more of this. Obviously at school they feed regular baby food, but I'm thinking a mix between that and BLW will be both fun and good for us all. It is certain to make for some (messy) good pics!!


She's loved bathtime since about 1 month old, but it's really getting fun now. I said in her 5 month update that she loves rubber ducky, and not just because daddy sings her the song, but last night she actually giggled when he was put in front of her!That's the first one we've heard where someone didn't need to be trying hard to get a laugh out of her. Honestly, is there anything cuter than a baby's laugh? She also splashed like crazy and got water absolutely everywhere...time to find a new place for baths besides the counter, I don't know. like in a bathtub maybe! ;-)



I also tried like crazy to get a pic of those little teeth before she gets more but everytime I thought I got the shot, they were mysteriously missimg!!! She did get very excited about the photo shoot though!

Another week in the books and I can't wait to see what the next one brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment