Monday, May 21, 2012

My 1st Mother's Day-Belated!

What's that you say, Mother's Day was last Sunday?! I guess that pretty much sums up life as a new mom for me! Most things still manage to get done, just maybe not on the same time frame they would have previously. Oh well *shoulder shrug* That still causes anxiety from time to time, but I get over it!


G actually spent Mother's Day with her Grammi but that doesn't mean I didn't think about her all day or reflect on just how much my world has changed over the past year.


Last year we took my MIL (now Grammi!) for ice cream, a frequently craved thing while G was still on the inside, and talked about how different it would be this year. But it was all talk; I had NO idea what life would be like as a mother. And the truth is, now I can't imagine ever going back. The house feels so big and lonely when she isn't here. Lucky for me, it's looking like I"m going to have myself a little helper!


She was just a dream for so long- our struggle to have her may become a future topic, especially when it comes time for #2- that sometimes it is hard to believe she's really here. But her smile has become the highlight of my day and can always bring one to my face on the darkest days. 


They did a Muffins for Mothers celebration at her daycare where we got to go and play and interact with the other kids (and moms!). We found out that G likes to swing! It fascinates me to see her around other kids since at home she just has us. She's learning so many motor skills now and they pass toys around and crawl over top of each other (except G of course who just sits by and watches!)


They also made some crafty things for us which I'll look back on in a few years and cry I'm sure. A cast of her foot, with a Mother's Day poem, and prints of her tiny hand made into flowers! 


I'm not going to get all philosophical on what it means to me to be a mother, I think I do that enough from post to post! I will say that it's she's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I hope one day she realizes that without her life just wouldn't have been what I knew it was meant to be. Oh, don' get me wrong, I was happy before...but now I'm fulfilled!


4 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Looking forward to reading more.
    Hope you will follow back!
    Daisy @ http://trendymomreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Happy Belated!!! What a gorgeous little one :)
    Glad I hopped over from Bloggy Moms!

    ReplyDelete