Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Time to Hit Reset!

I feel like maybe I've been hitting the snooze button lately on the old 'healthy living thing'. You know, where you eat well, exercise and keep a positive attitude. Since the whole semi-hurt ankle deal I kind of just haven't felt like it. So here is my re-commitment, out there in (virtual) public to Reset and get back in gear!

I thought it would be a good idea to start with some goals for the month. My only new blogger friend Sabrina did it and I think it's a good way to get back in gear.

1. Run 3x per week-not setting time or distance goals right now, just get out (or on) and do it
2. Clean it up-the diet that is. It's hot. Ice cream is cold. Enough said.
3. Spend time each Sunday preparing for the week. This one is huge, I know just how much it can help me, but I still don't do it...a meal and exercise plan would be a great idea. Even if the plan goes to crap at least there was one to begin with!
4. Hold myself accountable for these few simple things through the blog.

Sounds easy, right? I sure hope so! In an effort to start of right, let's talk about goal #1. Tonight I ran my first consecutive 3 miles since being prescribed to take a few weeks off. It went ok, not great but I made it.

PS-I have to figure out this whole photo collage thing, not liking this format!
I felt good until about mile 2 when my legs got heavy. I think that is due to the pretty awesome 5-4-3-2-1 Workout the hubs and I did Monday night (props to Carissa!). Switch jump lunges? Yeah, those'll getcha every time. Every time.

So 1 out of 3 runs down, already 33% of the way there for the week. Yay! Time to start celebrating the small victories...and not with ice cream :-(

Happy and safe 4th of July!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these goals. I made a workout and meal schedule to help me prep. They also help to keep me on track, and call me nerdy, but crossing out that calendar box for the day once I've had my workout makes me smile. I also cross out the meals on the calendar when I stick to it and that makes me smile too. HAHA!!!

    I think my favorite goal of yours, is holding yourself accountable. I'm working on that too. Taking pictures of my meals and workouts and then posting them is definitely helping.

    Let's help hold each other accountable too!

    ReplyDelete